||HERMES LANDSCAPING, a green industry leader in the Kansas City metropolitan area, has an excellent opportunity for Crew Members and Crew Leader Trainees to join our Commercial team. If you are looking for the opportunity to be coached, trained and developed into a supervisory role or become the best at what you do, we want to speak with you! Hermes offers competitive wages, promotion opportunities, and the experience to work with one of the biggest landscaping companies in Kansas. Financial and professional opportunities are unlimited.
CREW MEMBERS Description:
A Crew Member will perform a number of duties including but limited to: installation, irrigation, and landscaping activities in accordance with pre-established schedules, specifications and procedures as established by Company policy and standards or specific instructions of supervisor.
CREW LEADER TRAINEE Description:
A Crew Leader Trainee will perform all these same duties however, will be doing so at a more advanced level. The CLT will be coached and mentored on how to run a crew in addition to the necessary skills to become a successful Crew Leader running their own crew within a designated period of time.
* Performs manual labor for prolonged periods of time such as digging, raking, shoveling, tamping, spraying, lifting, watering hoeing, and loading. Works with trees, shrubs, soil, gravel, and heavy objects as required to complete projects.
* May operate power equipment depending on training and the assigned department such as: trucks, mowers (various sizes and designs), tractors, loaders, blowers, sprayers, tree transplanters, and trimmers.
* Handles all equipment, tools and materials with maximum safety and efficiency. Reports any damage to stock, equipment or other Company property to Crew Leader immediately.
* Ensures appropriate security for all tools, equipment and materials. Ensure all items are accounted for at the beginning and end of each day.
* Understands and strictly observes all safety rules and ensures all fellow workers observe safety rules. Reports unsafe behavior, to Crew Leader immediately.
* Represents the Company with a high degree of professionalism and business decorum. Observes all guidelines of courtesy and customer service.
* Must have sufficient cognitive skills to retain and apply oral instructions for simple tasks.
* Must be able to recognize and use simple hand tools such as rakes, shovels, hoe, etc.
* Must be able to perform physical labor for prolonged periods of time in a wide range of climatic conditions including extremes of heat and cold.
* Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing 50 pounds.
Driverís License a must for Crew Leaders!
Apply in person
13030 W. 87th Street
Lenexa, KS 66215