Hermes Landscaping is looking for Crew Leaders in our Residential Installation Division and Commercial Division. We are looking for individuals with demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following categories:
•Landscape •Hardscape/masonry •Irrigation •Lighting/electrical This position directs all installation/construction activities at the job site, in accordance with pre-established schedules, specifications, and procedures as established by company policy and standards or specific instructions of supervisor. Will supervise and train a crew of 2-5 members.
· Participate in the pre-construction meeting to become familiar with job specifications and any peculiarities. Offer practical advice pertaining to the project schedules, budgets and plan for completion.
· Read and familiarize self with installation plans and/or job specifications. Work with supervisor to determine all labor, sub-contractors, materials and equipment are secured to start and complete project on time.
· Ensure each crew member has been instructed on schedules and plan for project completion. Includes communicating any unique circumstances related to the job, the job-site or customer expectations.
· Prepare all equipment, tools and materials needed for job site daily. Make sure vehicles are properly stocked/loaded.
· Conduct pre-trip inspections on vehicle and make sure equipment is in working order prior to leaving the lot. Communicate any vehicle or equipment problems to supervisor or the Lead Mechanic.
· With minimum direct supervision, organize and direct team of crew members to complete all production work in the most efficient manner meeting or exceeding targeted schedules and budgets.
· Conduct training for crew members on safety, customer service expectations, technical skills, quality standards etc.
Minimum Qualifications & Educational Requirements
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must be able to perform physical labor for prolonged periods of time in a wide range of climatic conditions including extremes of heat and cold.
3. Must be able to lift and carry 40+ pounds.
4. Must have current driver’s license and good driving record. CDL preferred.
5. Mechanical aptitude.
6. Ability to drive a truck with manual transmission; pull and back trailer.